Some schools in the region are closed. Click here for a full list.

x

Appalachian Wireless Banner

Not logged in // Login // Sign up

Search...
    

Cancer patient dies of smoke inhalation in Johnson Co. fire

A man with cancer died in a mobile home fire Friday morning. The flames started around 9:00 Friday morning at the home on Wiley Branch Road in Johnson County. Family members say 46-year-old Jesse Ball did not make it out in time. Jesse Ball's daughter said her father was home alone in bed when the fire started.

"So far, all indicators are the southeast corner is where the fire originated. It was a bedroom," said Mike Wiley, deputy state fire marshal. He indicated that current evidence points to an electrical problem starting the blaze.

Ball was in the other side of the home. The coroner says he died from smoke inhalation. Casey Meade, her husband, and baby are staying with other family members. Meade says there were no smoke detectors in the home, and she says this should be an example for others to get smoke alarms.

Filed under: Johnson Co. | Fires


 
 

Log in

Username:


Username is required.

Password:


Password is required.

            
Forgot password?
X