Some schools in the region are closed. Click here for a full list.


Appalachian Wireless Banner

Not logged in // Login // Sign up


State Fire Marshal offers reminders during winter heating season

Kentucky Fire Marshal William Swope reminds Kentuckians to be aware of the "silent killer" this winter heating season. Carbon Monoxide is an invisible, odorless and colorless gas that is when fuels like gas, wood, coal natural gas, propane and oil burn incompletely. CO enters the body through breathing. Symptoms include shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness, light headedness or headaches. High levels can be fatal. To protect your family from the harmful effects of CO, the National Fire Protection Association offers the following safety tips., CO alarms should be installed in a central location outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home. Choose a CO alarm that has the label of a recognized testing laboratory. Test CO alarms at least once a month and replace them according to the manufacturers instructions.

Filed under: Kentucky | Public service | Announcements


Log in


Username is required.


Password is required.

Forgot password?