Some schools in the region are closed. Click here for a full list.


Appalachian Wireless Banner

Not logged in // Login // Sign up


No injuries reported in an ambulance fire in Leslie County

Emergency crews responded to a call on Wednesday morning of an ambulance engulfed in flames in Leslie County. The incident took place at 10 am on Main Street in Hyden. The ambulance was transporting a patient when the fire started. The crew was able to evacuates the ambulance before the fire spread. Officials with Trans-Star ambulance service say the ambulance started smoking and the fire then ignited an oxygen tank . the ambulance was transporting a patient to a nearby nursing home at the time of the incident. No injuries were reported.

Filed under: Leslie Co. | Fires | Around the region


Log in


Username is required.


Password is required.

Forgot password?